Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall is almost here

School is back in session now, soccer practice has started, and we are back to having a busy schedule. I don't think I will ever be good at this blog stuff. Seems that when I need to write about something I forget and then when it is time to blog I forget everything I need to talk about.
This week was the first full week for the kids. Colton is doing awesome. He is at a new school for 3-5 graders in Lakewood. The school just finished a big addition and remodel and even has that brand new smell to it. Christian and I got to go have lunch with Colton this week. The lunch room is very nice. Maria is doing well. She is in the 2nd grade at Oviatt and seems to like her teacher. One thing that she was very excited about is that her and her friend Skylinn are in the same class. Skylinn is one of the kids I watch after school. Caleb is having a harder time adjusting. He is in kindergarten this year. The school and Caleb are working very hard with Caleb and there seems to be a little inprovement every day.

About 3:45 today I got a phone call from the 319 area code. It looked familiar so I answered. Sure enough it was the auto system at the hospital telling me it is time to schedule Christian for a neuro-surg check up. I knew it was coming up; I just didn't want to think about it. See, we are one of the few that haven't had any shunt problems yet and I am scared that the next appt or the next sickness will be our time. I don't dwell on it too much but when something triggers my thoughts, that's when worry sets in. As long as I keep this sort of thing to the back of my mind I am alright.
I found a couple boxes today down in the basement of kids clothes. I picked out all of the 24 mo and 2T clothes for Christian since he is about ready for the 24mo size. As I was doing this I was looking at each piece and remember Caleb, and even Colton in some, wearing the shirt or whatever and walking around. My mind kept going to "Oh I remember Caleb running all over in that shirt". Some of the clothes I wish I would have found months ago because now they are too small for Christian but would have fit him great in June or July. LOL
Christian is getting more and more ornery. He is just tall enough that he can reach the top part of the desk and toss off everything within the first 2-3 inches. So we are quickly learning to move things BACK farther. Yesterday he got into the bottom drawer and found a piece of paper that had cut outs on it. He entertained himself for probably 10-15 mins just tearing the paper up. Granted, it was a little bit of a mess, but he had fun. Then later he did it again after I had picked it up.

that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment