Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bored

I am bored! Sometimes that can be a good thing I guess. We went from having something every night of the week in May to having a few things but only to get cancelled because of the stinkin' rain. Don't get me wrong, I like having free time but sometimes too much is just plain ol' boring.
Soccer ended and baseball is winding down. There have been so many cancelled/make up games that the league has ran out of make up days to schedule so now games are just being cancelled with no make up. We have had 2 games now cancelled without a make up scheduled. The league's resolution for this is to offer a discount when you register for the second summer league. At first we didn't think we would do it, but now I am reconsidering so that Colton can get more baseball in and more time with kids/boys his age (peer interaction).

The kids are out of school now. I am looking forward to spending the summer hanging out with them and getting out and doing things. I am just a bit discouraged because my first couple of attempts have flopped. First, we went to the zoo and they kept running off and not listening so I had to follow through with my threat to leave if they couldn't listen (It was the 7 and 8 year olds this time). Second, I filled up our pool and they turned it into a mud bath within 5 mins (the 5 and 8 yo). The pool thing was just yesterday and then today I was draining it. What sucks is that if we can't get out and do things and/or they won't behave then I don't know what to do with them. You would think they would want to be out and about and not holed up inside our boring house. Right?

I was looking forward to going to baseball tonight BUT once again the rain prevails and it was cancelled.

Oh well, I guess I just needed to vent. I am bored right now. It is nice that the kids are all playing nicely and no one is screaming or yelling or fighting with eachother. I am just not sure what to do with myself. Guess I could be cleaning.

that's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment