Thursday, January 21, 2010

Urology, 12 month check up and a walker


It has been a long eventful month. Christmas was good. We celebrated with all of our family and the kids got lots of new toys and some clothes.

christian is doing very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, well, Colton wrote that while I was busy doing something else. The kids had a two-hour delay for school today because of the ice still.

First off with Christian; he had an endoscopy something or other done. They looked at his insides of his esophagus, small intestines and his stomach. Everything came back okay so that was good. I am really sick of trying to figure out why he breath's so loudly. Right now I am just chalking it up to Arnold Chiari. Maybe one of the many dr's will eventually tell us, right? I haven't heard anything else from the GI dr. I have noticed more lately that Christian does seem to cough or choke on more foods. He has been having more and more 'adult' food so I am guessing that is why. We do have a few jars of baby food left for when we have something that he cannot have. But, he has been doing great with his one tooth and getting things mashed up to swallow. I do think that the solids are still harder for him because of the esophageal reflux but he manages it well by taking drinks after almost every bite and sucking his thumb too.

We went to see the urologist the beginning of the year. Christian had a urodynamic study and a kidney ultrasound. Christian's kidney's look fine and his bladder actually seems to look better. The dr said that this is hopefully from the ditropan. During the urodynamic study Christian didn't empty as well as before but when he sat up it was leaking. Since he has lots of wet diapers at home and kidney's look good the dr didn't seem to concerned. So all great news from urology. He just upped the dosage a little since Christian has gotten bigger. Still no cathing since the kidney's look okay.

We had Christian's 12 month check up. He was 21 lbs 14 oz and height was 28 1/4 inches. He is in the 10th percentile for height and the 25th percentile for weight. His head circumference is good at 47 cm. He got shots and handled them like a trooper. His next check up is at 15 months.

This week for physical therapy, Lisa brought Christian a walker. This will help Christian to be mobile without us having to hold his hands everywhere. It also helps him strengthen his legs and work on his gait control. He loves it and gets all over the kitchen and living room. Last night while I was making dinner it was real neat; he stood next to me holding my hand while I made dinner. The kids think the walker is neat and try to play games with Christian to get him moving.

I guess that is all for now as I just lost my train of thought.....

2 comments:

  1. yea for a walker. that sounds wonderful. he looks so happy in the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I'm Laura, I'm 23 years old, and I have Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus. I have a blog as well, that I update daily, titled "Holdin' Out for a Hero."

    Here's the URL if you're interested:

    http://willyoubemyhero.wordpress.com/

    God Bless!!

    Laura :-)

    ReplyDelete